We be jamming (he he)...maybe


This weekend has been busy and the boys have enjoyed lots of outdoor activities, but first I was able to make a quick run the local farmers market.  It was a quick trip and I was able to get a couple of items nothing to big or great yet but the farmer’s market season is still young and there will be plenty of opportunities to grab up some great seasonal items, and I cannot wait!!!

I have decided that I would like to do a small bit of canning this summer and would like to start out with some jams and then maybe tomatoes and salsa….I have to admit that I am a bit nervous about taking this on.  I have spent a good bit of time in the past seeing others I know can items and be able to enjoy them later in the year and have been very envious of them.  I, on the other hand am forced to buy all of my canned favorites because of my insecurity in my ability to conquer canning.  So hopefully with the help of the local farmers market, some pointers from other canners and this blog I will be able to become a successful canner.  I am going to start the process tonight by reading about what steps I need to take to begin my canning jouney.  My guess is I am making this way harder than need be, but I will hate it if I begin the process only to waste all the food if I do it incorrectly.   My hope is that I will be able to look back at this blog entry and be able to write about my success. We shall see, wish me luck.

Once I got home from the market we ate breakfast, picked up around the house and then headed out to Lansing Daze- the yearly BBQ festival here in town…I am sorry to say that the festival is never really as great as they hype it up to be which is disappointing because I think if they could get it to be bigger and better it could generate a really large crowd which would lead to bigger profits, and hey who doesn’t love a festival that is supposed to be geared around food?!?!?!

We spent all of our time walking around looking at the big inflatable jumpers and trying to figure out if we thought Brodie would actually go inside and jump around by himself, I really didn’t think that we would be able to convince him but to my surprise it took absolutely no convincing he took his sandals off and jumped right in.

We didn’t spend to much more time at Lansing Daze it was so hot that both boys were tiring quickly and it wasn’t going to be long before we hit melt down so we headed to a local bakery called Fou (not mis-spelled it is Fou) Cakes they were offering free cupcake decorating for kids so of course we took full advantage of it and Brodie had the best time!!!  These are the times that I relish and the days that I try to enbed in my mind for days later.
We are given a wonderful blessing of beginning a new page in our book everyday and I want to take full advantage of every line on the page and make sure that the story that my boys go back and read is one of great times with family and irreplaceable memories.  It is heartbreaking to think that at some point I will not be here with them to share all the special times in their lives so I try and make the most of each day.
Until next time.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bumpy roads and love in our hearts

Big kid changes

Randomness of a 3yr old!?!?!?