Do I need to buy boxing gloves???


“Just wait, pretty soon it will be hand to hand combat”, this is what Kyle’s boss said one time either to a FB post or in person or maybe both when we were talking about how well Brodie and Keaton seem to be getting along. Keaton is just now getting to the age where he and Brodie can play together a little, this mostly consists of either parallel play (that side by side play where they are each playing and interact  just a bit) or wrestling both of which end up with one of the two crying, normally Keaton because the playing turned rough.  It is more often now that I will hear the two of them in Brodie’s room playing with the thousands of trucks, cars, hammers, screwdrivers etc., I normally realize after about 2min of quite that they must be content and try to leave them be so that they can learn to play with each other and so I can enjoy the bit of quite.  The quite normally only lasts at the most 5min, normally Keaton finds it necessary to bring me some toy that he is playing with, I like to think that he is checking to make sure that I haven’t run off and left him behind. . You know that thing that all moms say about not being able to go to the bathroom without being followed in by a little person; I have found that I am now that mommy, Keaton doesn’t let me get too far out of his eyesight without finding in necessary to trail behind me and normally Brodie always seems to find me when I think I have been able to sneak off to use the bathroom in peace…

 I love that the boys are finally each at the age where they can interact and play together, they are able to enjoy each other as brothers and friends and this make my heart swell, so much so that I would love to be able to designate a special room as a play room for them.

I have thought seriously about converting the downstairs living room into the kids full time play room, the area rarely gets used and whenever we have a large group over we always end up sending the kids downstairs, the noise doesn’t seem to travel up from the children when they are in the basement playing so it is nice that they can have a bit of free play area while we have our time/space as well. 
The area downstairs is already over run with trucks, cars, large diggers, haulers, car transporters, riding toys etc. it pretty much has converted itself without much planning on my part, slowly toys have gravitated down there either by Kyle and I or Brodie.  My concern is that the large brick faced fire place is down there and we have already had one head on collision with it and Brodie still has the scar over his left eye to prove it. My other concern is that they will truly be out of my direct line of sight, at least in their rooms I can sneak down the hallway and check on them without disturbing the fun play time/quite time, downstairs is like a free for all for them. Thinking that a new video monitor may end up being purchased for the downstairs area, I can come up with some great ideas while writing for the blog!!

I want the boys to have an area where they can go and play and invent their own worlds and feel free to play while in the comfort and security of their home without it being the small confines of their bedrooms.  Speaking of bedrooms in posting the previous post about bottles I mentioned that we are planning on having one last little one, with this will come the decision of room “assignment”.  Since we only have the master and two other bedrooms upstairs our options are fairly limited.  We can either have the boys share a room (Keaton moving into Brodie’s room with him) or we can move Brodie downstairs and give the baby Brodie’s old room. The choices that we have are limited and maybe limited even more by the fact that I am not sure how keen Brodie will be with the prospect of moving his room downstairs, I am not sure that he will be too thrilled with being that far away at night from the rest of us, plus I have mentioned in passing that there may come a time when the boys will share a room and he has brought it up during a couple of conversations in reference reading Keaton stories and “keeping an eye on him” at night when they sleep in the same room, I mean seriously does it any more precous than that?
Geesh, can you imagine the “hand on hand” combat that may happen with the boys sharing a room?!?!?!
  I am not sure why I even bring this up as we have a rather long time to go before this even becomes a true issue, I mean I have to get pregnant first and we are not even close to that point yet, seriously Kyle and I are just now enjoying sleeping through the nights again!!!   


Until next time....

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bumpy roads and love in our hearts

Randomness of a 3yr old!?!?!?

Big kid changes