Yeast is the name of the game

Yummo is all I can say about my newest kitchen baking project.  I have begun making our bread and have decided that I will never buy another loaf of bread unless I am hosting large gathering or in dire need.   I love the look, smell and taste of yeast….nothing is better than the smell of yeast proofing or the smell of it in a fresh baked loaf of bread.

I have found the best recipe ever for a fabulous white bread, it is from a website, although I cannot verify how authentic it is, claims it is an Amish loaf bread recipe, I don’t care if it really is or isn’t a authentic recipe, in my mind I am going to believe that I am baking the same bread that the fabulous Amish women bake in their homes.  I have a deep respect and a bit of jealousness of the Amish women. 

I would love to be able to stay home and live a simple life and put in hard work of cooking, baking and cleaning all the while raising my children.  I tell mom and Kyle all the time that I was born in the wrong era possibly even in the wrong culture I truely would have been happy to have had the house cleaned and dinner on the table every evening. But that is not the way it is so I will enjoy what I have and make my kitchen the most welcoming spot in our home and hope that all that enter, to include my children, will remember it as the place they could come in sit down and leave their worries behind them for at least a bit of time. 

Along with being the best tasting bread ever it is relatively easy to make. The ingredients and directions are as follows.

This recipe makes 2 loaves

2C. warm water
2/3C white sugar
1 ½ Tbsp active dry yeast
1 ½ tsp salt
1/4C Vegetable oil
5 ½ C bread flour

In large glass bowl dissolve sugar in the warm water and stir in yeast. Allow to proof about 5-10 minutes. (It will look foamy.) Mix in salt and oil to the yeast. Mix in flour 1 cup at a time. When dough has formed a ball, knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth (not stick) about 5-10 minutes.

Wipe down previously-used glass bowl and oil it well. Place dough in bowl and turn to coat surface of dough with the oil. Cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap in a warm area. Allow to rise until it has doubled in bulk.

Knead dough lightly and divide in half. Shape into loaves and place into two well oiled 9 x 5-inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes.

Preheat oven for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F, and bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.

Let bread sit for at least 15-30 minutes after it comes out of oven to finish setting up.
This bread freezes very well also.

This is such a good bread recipe that I couldn’t not share it with you all! Hope you enjoy it, and if you really don’t want to make your own let me know I may have an extra loaf you can have!!

Until next time…..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bumpy roads and love in our hearts

Randomness of a 3yr old!?!?!?

Big kid changes